Thursday, March 8, 2012

Love, Adele, and an Open Letter

So there I was, in the living room, drinking my coffee while listening to Adele's album, 21, as I pondered and reminisced about the past few months. I just smiled to myself as I 'mentally' watched flashbacks of those happy moments I had with my friends, and of course, with him. I couldn't avoid cringing slightly though when I remembered the more 'dramatic' parts of those memories. There's still that twinge of hurt (just a twinge) when my scumbag brain forces me to recall those moments.
Ah. The memories. *sighs*

Lately, I've been thinking about LOVE. Haha. If you know me personally, you'd be all, "Duh. What's new, Kesh. You ALWAYS think about love. Yan na nga lang ata laging nasa utak mo eh." Haha. Well, let me explain. You see, I've refrained talking about love for the past months, really. I stopped thinking about it, as well. As to why I did that, there's just a one-word answer for that: BITTERNESS. Haha. Ang babaw noh? Anyway, don't ask about THAT part because I wouldn't be giving answers about it. And besides, it's part of the past, and I've learned to let that bitterness go, so it wouldn't be necessary to talk about it, right? Gosh. I'm being too talkative. LOL.


ANYWAY. Back to why I was thinking about loooove. ;)


Ganito kasi yan. We have this final speech to prepare for a subject (SC10), and I had quite a hard time choosing what topic I should use for the speech. Thinking of a topic for a speech is one thing, formulating a speech out of that topic is another! To help me with my 'demise' (char), I asked some people for tips on the topic-choosing thing, and they said I should choose a topic that I know very well so that I wouldn't have a very hard time making a speech about it, and I was like, "Ok." And so the topic I chose for my final speech was... *drumroll*... LOVE! I bet you didn't see that coming. [sarcasm]

So that is why I've been filling my  head with Adele's songs 'cause I guess that could help me "internalize" my topic better. Like, setting the mood or something. Haha. Just in case you haven't heard her songs yet, I'd have to say that Adele is, well, Adele. *swoons* Many people love her (including me!), maybe because they, or should I say we can relate to the songs she writes and sings which was also inspired by her experiences in love. Who could forget the bitterness and revenge that we all 'tasted' in her song "Rolling in The Deep" and the painful letting go of "Someone Like You"? I guess nobody would. Because we all could relate to those songs one way or another.

One of her songs that I really love (to the nth level) is "Make You Feel My Love". It was originally composed and sang by Bob Dylan and Adele made a wonderful cover of that song in her album, 19. When I first heard the lyrics to this song, I already fell in love with it. Why? Hmmm. Do you know that feeling when you can't express your feelings to a person, and although you want to tell him so bad, you can't find the words to say it? Well, this song had exactly the words I was looking for. Sabi nga nila, the words to your favorite songs are actually the thoughts in your mind that you want to say but you're just too scared to do so. True.

The song was all about making the person you love feel how much you love them (Gosh. I'm using the word "Love" too much. Redundant! Redundant!) It was kind of a "I'm-gonna-do-everything-for-you-because-I-love-you-so-much" song, there's even a part where it said,
"I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
 I'd go crawling down the avenue
 No there's nothing that I wouldn't do
 To make you feel my love"
 At first I was like, "Gosh, what is martyrdom." But I guess that's what love's about. It'll make you want to do almost anything for a person. You'd want to give almost everything to him/her that sometimes you don't even care if nothing will be left for you, and all that JUST TO PROVE YOUR LOVE. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying "Go, be battered, be hungry, and crawl down Session Road for your love!" No. I'm just saying many people (including me) are willing to go to such extent for love.

Wow. How lucky are those people who have someone to do anything for them and without asking anything in return. Well. That's love for you, people.

If you ask me, "So Kesh, do you have that special someone in your life right now? Do you have that person you want to prove your love for?" Yes, I do have someone. And yes, I am willing to prove my love for that someone. But love has its limits, too, and I think I've done enough proving as of now.  I've shown what I wanted to show. I've said almost all that I wanted to say. But still, I guess it wasn't enough. So I just chose to 'keep it to myself' for now. Yes, I still love him, of course. Hindi naman mawawala yun eh. Pero may mga bagay na kailangan ilugar. Mga bagay na kailangang itago nalang muna sa ngayon. Mga nararamdamang kailangan muna isantabi, dahil alam ko na darating din ang tamang panahon para ipakita ito. :) (Yes, nag-Tagalog.)

Anyway. I made a cover of that song (Make You Feel My Love). Just because. :D


OPEN LETTER TO __________:
 So, ______, if ever you're reading this post and natatamaan ka dahil alam mong ikaw ang pinatatamaan ko, you're free to feel awkward next time na magkita tayo. JK. This cover is for you (lels) kasi nga love kita (aheeeeee). I'll always be here for you, as a friend (friendzoned), maybe even as a sister (sisterzoned) kung yun ang kailangan mo, just as I am for my other friends. So yun. *apir* <3
~Kesh 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess I've said enough for one blog post. As a finale, I'm gonna leave this passage for y'all. :D

1 Corinthians 13:4-8,13

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails...
...and now these three remain: faith, hope, and love.
But the greatest of these is LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment